Updated August 5, 2020
- Student Chromebook & Materials Pick-up will be the week of August 17th
- Sample Student Daily Schedules are now available
- Virtual Back To School Night will be August 20th from 5:00-6:30pm
- Teachers will be reaching out to families to schedule Virtual Home Visits
- Student Uniforms will not be required for virtual learning
- Refer Families to Ingenuity Prep and win $50!
Read below for more info!
All students will receive a Chromebook and a bag of educational supplies to support virtual learning. Chromebooks will come with a charger, student login information, and directions on how to request tech support. Supply kits will come with educational supplies such as pencils, crayons, glue sticks, scissors, notebooks, and other learning materials.
Families must complete their Technology Agreement here before they can pick up a Chromebook.
Chromebooks and supplies will be available to pick up starting Monday, August 17th. Please wear a mask when you come to pick up materials and practice social distancing. Please see the schedule below for the day to pick up your student’s Chromebook and supplies:
- Early Childhood Academy (PreK – K) — Monday, 8/17 — 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Elementary School Academy (1st – 4th) — Wednesday 8/19 — 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Middle School Academy (5th – 7th) — Thursday 8/20 — 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- All Academies (PreK – 7th) — Friday 8/21 — 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
If you still have your Chromebook from last year, you must use it for the upcoming year. If the Chromebook is broken, please bring it during your academy pick up time to receive a new one. If it is lost, please let us know during your academy pick up time and we will provide a new one. Starting this year, students with lost or broken Chromebooks will pay a fee to replace or repair the Chromebook.
If you cannot make the dates above, please contact Ingenuity Prep at 202-562-0391 to schedule an appointment.
We are excited to share more details about how students will spend their day during virtual learning. This Fall’s schedules include large amounts of “live” instruction where students will be working directly with teachers and their classmates. The only parts of the day where students will be without a teacher are during times labeled in the schedule as “independent work time” or during times labeled as breaks. More information about schedules will be shared at Back to School Night.
Sample schedules for all grade levels can be found here.
We will be dividing Pre-K students into two groups for live instruction to allow for smaller numbers of students to work with each teacher.
Please share your preference here for which group works best for your schedule. We will do our best to accommodate preferences.
All Pre-K families must complete this survey by August 14th.
Please save the date for our virtual Back to School Night on Thursday, August 20th from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM. During Back to School Night, you will learn more about the upcoming school year and virtual learning as well as meet academy leaders, preview virtual learning platforms, review attendance policies, understand student expectations, and more!
More information on how to join the Virtual Back to School Night will be sent prior to the event.
At Ingenuity Prep, we believe that our families are our most important partners in preparing students to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. To begin our partnership this year, your student’s teacher will be reaching out to set up a virtual home visit to connect before the start of the year.
- Who: Parents/caregivers, student, teacher
- What: During this time, you’ll have a chance to share more about your child’s strengths and areas for growth, your goals for your child, and any other information you think will be helpful in teaching them this year.
- When: Home visits will take place the week of August 24th. Teachers will reach out to you in the coming weeks to schedule your one-on-one.
- How: All home visits will take place virtually. This could be a phone call, FaceTime, Zoom call, or Google Meet conference.
As we prepare to start school virtually, please be advised that uniforms will not be required for virtual learning. Families can choose to have their scholars wear the uniform, if they would like to.
Upon return to in-person instruction, Ingenuity Prep will host a uniform pick up event where each student will receive two free uniform shirts. Once school resumes in the building, PreK through 4th grade students will be required to wear an official Ingenuity Prep-branded short or long-sleeve polo shirt in navy blue with khaki bottoms. Students in 5th grade through 7th grade will be required to wear an official Ingenuity Prep-branded short or long-sleeve polo shirt in gray with khaki bottoms. Bottoms can include khaki pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, or dresses.
Families are responsible for purchasing khaki uniform bottoms and any additional uniform shirts. Additional uniform shirts are available at www.rissebrothers.com. More information and the full student uniform policy will be in the SY20-21 Ingenuity Prep Family Handbook which will be available later in August.
Do you know a family looking for a GREAT School? Ingenuity Prep still has limited seats. Refer a family here and earn $50 if they enroll.
Referral awards will be given for students who apply on or after August 1st and enroll by September 15th.