Join Us if You Want To…
We are not your average public school.
With the goal of building civic leaders who will be successful in college and beyond, we recognize that our approach has to be innovative and has to optimize resources. It’s demonstrated in how we utilize multiple teachers in each classroom to allow for greater differentiated instruction for students, as well as, providing opportunities for growth in teacher practice and adult leadership. It’s why we prioritize having a robust Operations Team to ensure instructional staff can focus on their primary responsibilities. In fact, our approach has even been recognized by the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools as 1 of 4 schools across the country successfully implementing “next generation” models.
We are closing the opportunity gap.
In Southeast D.C., families have too few options for high-quality schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to make history and provide our community with its first example of a high-at-risk-rate, high-achieving school. To us, this means upholding a commitment to serve ALL students who enter our building and equipping them with the knowledge and social-emotional skills to become successful civic leaders.
Be a part of proving that our kids are capable of greatness and that they deserve nothing less.
We are always learning.
We believe we can always learn and get better at what we do. We are open to feedback, improving our approach, and reaching greater heights in our work together.
We provide a consistent cycle of targeted coaching and feedback and prioritize the growth of staff members by providing access to intentional and meaningful internal professional development through monthly full-day PD days.
We also seek out opportunities for our staff to participate in top-notch training and coaching externally. For example, our instructional leaders will participate in Relay Graduate School of Education’s National Principals Academy Fellowship, attend Teach Like a Champion train-the-trainer workshops, access leading curriculum and instructional consultants, and participate in several communities of practice composed of D.C. charter instructional leaders.
Our teacher career ladder rewards strong performance over time, giving teachers the opportunity to earn higher levels of base compensation and bonuses as they demonstrate effectiveness with their students and colleagues.
We love our team.
At Ingenuity Prep, you have the opportunity to work alongside phenomenal people in a school that prioritizes the cultivation of a positive and inclusive staff community. A culture of collaboration exists across the entire organization regardless of grade level or functional team, because there is a shared commitment to serve our students and families. While working in a school presents unique challenges and stressors, we know we can trust and rely on each other to provide the best for our students.
Ingenuity Prep works relentlessly to find and keep the very best people – an obligation that we not only owe to our students & families but also to our staff members who show up each day ready to serve. For us, having a great staff isn’t a luxury. It’s an organizational responsibility.
We welcome everyone.
Ingenuity Prep values inclusivity and diversity and forever seeks to expand the breadth of our understanding and support for all people; humanly united. We’re on a journey to affirming practices and courageous conversations, creating an environment where difference is valued. Everyone is welcome – as an inclusive organization, we are comfortable bringing our authentic whole selves to Ingenuity Prep.
Learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Ingenuity Prep.
We deeply believe that YOU matter!
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive compensation, including effectiveness bonuses of up to $7,500 for instructional staff
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees and their dependents paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- 50% of medical and dental premiums for employee spouses paid for by Ingenuity Prep
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave at 100% of pay (60% from IP and remaining pay from DC Paid Family Leave )for all staff — regardless of gender. Over time, that increases to as much as six weeks — all at 60% pay
- A 100% match — up to 3% — on your 401K Roth & Traditional Retirement plan with a 33% vesting schedule
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use
- Employee-paid Flexible Spending Accounts, Tax-free commuter benefits, additional life insurance for employees and their dependents and/or spouses.
- Wellness programs, including yoga and zumba classes on site.